Edmiss is a tightly integrated cloud based College Management system specifically designed for Private Intensive English programs and Colleges but also successfully used by University IEP’s to manage their Classing, assessments, and agent interaction and marketing efforts.
Edmiss is designed to allocate students to classes based on language levels and the progress of the student.
Edmiss includes portals for students and teachers. Students can use their phones and tablets to see their Class timetables, results, attendance, exchange messages, update address details and account details. Teachers can see their class schedule, mark attendance and enter results and assessments.
Edmiss includes the facility to send single and bulk email and sms’s using templates.
Edmiss is designed to support direct student enrollments and students sent via agents. Edmiss includes a powerful marketing follow up CRM system using the date of inquiry (follow up leads by date period entered), course start date (follow up leads by approaching course start date), homestay/accommodation request confirmation, airport transfer request confirmation. Filters include by Visa status, College salesperson, student country and agent.
Edmiss includes Financials with Student accounts, Accounts receivable, Accounts payable and Income recognition for period.
Edmiss is built on the following business logic.
- Each student can study one or more programs or courses at a College. A student may undertake a General English program, then study a Certificate program or study a Foundation program for University entrance.
- Edmiss has a powerful pro-active follow up system for course offers. A student/agent can request and be sent multiple offers (pro-forma invoices). This may be for alternate start dates, studying different courses at different campuses or as a part of a College Group.
- Edmiss offers/applications have different statuses, to enable your College to prepare, send, cancel, withdraw and accept offers.
- Accepted offers/applications generate enrollments. Enrollments are confirmed student courses, with students/agents listed as debtors for outstanding invoices.
- Enrollments (accepted offers/applications) generate lists of students studying different subjects that are waiting for class allocation during the period of the student enrollment.
Admissions / Offer Entry
It is important that all information about a student is kept together. Before adding the student details, check to see if the student has already been to the College before, or if they have been to any affiliated Colleges within a multi College Group.
First the student details are added and then the Offer is added. The Offer is made up of offer items, which can include one or more course/programs, also insurance, homestay / accommodation request details, airport transfers and other fee details.
We can then use one of a number of Microsoft Word templates to generate the Offer letter, which has the form of a pro-forma invoice.
Usually the letter of Offer is sent to the student in gross form (with no commissions displayed) and in nett form to the agent showing commission details.
After you have downloaded and installed Edmiss we and review the ideal setup options for your College. We will review the reporting requirements and grouping.
The course/programs you offer will need to have their prices and fees specified in detail. The College holiday (term) breaks will need to be entered for each faculty, so that the end dates can be calculated for each enrollment. Agent details will also need to be entered, including address, email, employees and any counselling staff with commission arrangements.
We will also review the student details such as citizenship, native language spoken, pathway options and diary entries and visa details.