Invoices in Period
– When an enrolment is accepted and converted to an enrolment, an invoice is created for the course fees and any other services the student requires. These fees are automatically scheduled as due on the students start date.
Alternatively, a payment schedule can be created. This will schedule part payments for any or all fees rather than having the fees due on the course start date.
The Invoice in period report now includes the facility to filter by fee type/s (tuition, Agent, Insurance, Accommodation Arrangement, Accommodation Payment, Airport Transfer and Other). The summary provides you with a list and totals by Company and Location.
This report is simply a listing of the invoicing activity during the period entered. It is useful for measuring admissions activity and as an indication of future revenue. However it does not include any credits within that period and as such may overstate the sales position of the business.
Invoices Due Report
– The Invoices due report lists invoiced fees that have not been paid as at a point in time. You can list fees due by a date, or outstanding based on start, current and finishing course enrolment dates.
To list all fees filtered by enrolment date (starters, current or finishers) please select the All due option. The invoiced and due fees will then be listed by Company and Location and grouped by Faculty, Course, Agent and Country and also by Fee Type and Fee. The detailed option provides details by student and you can also apply a course filter (i.e all courses or one course). You can apply a fee type filter to select all or any combination of fee types to be included in the report.
The option “detail with due date” is only included for instances where data is exported to Excel to be used in a pivot table.
Invoices Aged Due Report
Receipts and Credits
Receipts in Period / by number
Receipts by Student Enrolment
Receipts in Period
Receipts in Period – Trust
Credits In Period
Receipts in Period – Fees
Debits in Period
Agents Commission Report
Financial Activity Report
– The financial activity report lists activity by period and contains several reports rolled into one. The report provides information that is relevant to a specified period. The financial activity report provides details (in a period) for a number of elements of EDMISS finance including: Invoices, Receipts, Transferred credits (transferred from one enrolment to another), Other credits (discounts, write-offs, etc.), Refunds to students, Transfers out<, Payments. In this report, the information provided in each column separately relates to the specified period for that column. None of the information relates to the period of the homestay or course etc. Each report has a summary and detail option. The summary option provides sorted totals and the detail option allows you to see the student courses that the figures are from, for each column. You can also run other reports to access more details for each column in the financial activity report e.g. Invoice in Period report. -
Unearned Fees Report
– The unearned fees report is what should be used to calculate the financial position of the student accounts for the services each student has requested.
The only students that will appear on this report are current or future students. Fees can be specified as either course fees, other fees or homestay fees and are earned depending on the fee type. In the report, the course cost is separated into tuition and agent costs and earned daily i.e. A 10 week course at $200 per week with 20% commission would total $1600 for tuition costs and $400 for agent fees. The daily fees would be $1600 / (10 * 5) = $32 per day for tuition and $8 per day for agent fees.
The Unearned Fee report is the most complex report in EDMISS. For a particular day, fees are calculated as Earned (revenue) or Unearned (held – trust). We provide several options to interpret how fees are to be calculated as earned. For the purposes of this report, if a student has completed their course, all fees have been earned and none remains Unearned (although there may be fees remaining as unpaid).
The primary filter in this report is by current, past and future student enrolments.
The basis of the Unearned calculation is the fee type. Course cost (tuition and agent fee) is earned daily for the period the students are in attendance. The fees are earned in a week for 5 days only, Monday to Friday. Insurance fees, accommodation arrangement fees and airport transfer fees should all be earned on the course start date. Other fees can be marked as earned on the course start date or on the invoice date.
Homestay fees can be marked as earned when they are paid to the homestay provider or earned on a weekly basis over the length of the course. This can be overruled if you schedule your homestay payments, in which case you can mark all scheduled payments as earned. Alternatively, you can specify that you have only earned the portion, which is the difference between what is collected from the student and what is paid to the homestay provider.
If you have any questions regarding this, please first view the detailed fee breakdown for a particular student and trace them over a number of days. This will allow you to compare the fee details for different days and identify when fees are treated as earned.
The report is grouped by company & location and you have the option to group by course, agent, country and none. The last page of the report is a summary of totals for all fee types and fees.
Course Revenue Report
– lists both the tuition and agent fees earned during a period. The course revenue report was previously known as the earned revenue report but was renamed to more closely reflect where the revenue is generated. The report lists and calculates the tuition and agent fees earned in a period, from the current student enrolments. The report also calculates the proportion of the original invoice that becomes discounts and write-offs.
Revenue is calculated based on the invoiced course cost only (tuition + agent fees) for a period. The calculation is based on the number of days that the student is in attendance for the period specified and takes into account faculty and student holidays.
The report groups by Company and Location, you can select to also group by either faculty, Course, Agent or Country. You can filter and select all faculties or a single faculty. You can filter and select all courses or a single course.
The summary version of this report provides you with totals for the following facets:
- Number of days in a specified period
- Booked days for all current students in a specified period
- Tuition and agent fees revenue
- Tuition and agent fee discounts and write-offs
- Gross revenue in a specified period
The details version of this report shows the above information by student course enrolment.
Revenue by Start/Booking Date Report
– lists fees as revenue for students with an enrolment starting in a specified period. When generating these reports you can filter by fee type/s (tuition, Agent, Insurance, Accommodation Arrangement, Accommodation Payment, Airport Transfer and Other) to list totals by Company, Location, and Faculty.